Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Lost dog found

So, my mid-morning meeting turned in to a web meeting and I was a little late getting out to get Juliana. It wasn’t going to be a big deal though because she’d start walking and I’d just grab her on my way to my next meeting. Everything went as planned… except that Juliana had a dog in her coat.

.

.

Yes, that’s right… a DOG! A teeny tiny toy Chihuahua wrapped up in her jacket like a little baby. The thing probably didn’t weigh 5 pounds. She said she found it in the street and was looking for its owners. There was a mom and daughter that she had approached and asked them if they knew who’s dog it was and they were trying the numbers listed on the dog's tag. Neither of them work. I tried too.

.

.

So the dog (his name is chocolate) came with us to my meeting. I met with Ricco and Juliana was on doggie patrol. Once we finished there I called my mom looking for commiseration in my predicament. So, what does my mom say when I tell her the story? “OH! Take it home to meet dad! If no one claims it, maybe we can adopt it!”

.

.

Seriously?

.

.

Long story short, my dad loves him, the pound has no record of him…and no space to keep him so he’s staying here until either his owners go to the pound and find him in the book of posters for lost dogs or 30 days pass without him being claimed in which case my parents will have a new dog.

.

.

He’s very sweet, very cute, and currently sleeping with my mom…who is in love with him too. Tomorrow I’m putting up “found” posters that the humane society gave me when I tried to turn him in.

No comments: